UNUSED CONTENT AND SHIT.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UNUSED CONTENT AND SHIT.

Post by Thisisme on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 am

Hello! This thread is about unused content and betas in games! Unused content can be found in a multitude of unique ways!
(This totally isn't a direct copy of Combine's thread on scpcbgame.com)

Getting Started:
Finding unused content is so easy I can do it! A useful resource is:
This TCRF page

]Lets get on with it!

If you find any interesting unused content in a game feel free to post it in here!
I shall begin:

Destroy All Humans! 2
I've been looking through Destroy All Humans! 2 and found references in the ISO to "overlords", I have no idea what it could be.
Code:
QunlockKey
(amet
world
overlords
miss
CptH
storycom<
arkvoodle@

I also found that some of the game appears to be programmed in LUA:
Code:
input\blo
cks\tu\scripts\missions\ruinli
Wves01H
_checkpoints.lua
reg
Name
?Activate

Team Fortess 2:
TF2 is fun.

Nearly all valve games begin with VLV:
Code:
VLV

For some reason, the game has these strings:
Code:
Counter-Strike: Source Beta
cstrike_beta
Counter-Strike: Source
CSS
cstrike
Team Fortress 2 Beta
tf_beta
Team Fortress 2
TF2

Not sure what the hell this means:
Code:
m_bBeingRepurposedForTaunt

In the exe, there are several references to "player skin override" not sure what they might be, but eh.

FTL: Faster than Light

Development text left over in the EXE implies the game was originally called "SpaceTrek":
Code:
D:\Development\SpaceTrek\Project\src\Gameplay\World\EventGenerator.cpp

SCP: Containment Breach

[Will put stuff here soon]
Thisisme
Red Ops Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: UNUSED CONTENT AND SHIT.

Post by Pony on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:10 pm

SCP: Containment Breach

Models

372s model is a distorted version of the ninja model. (a.k.a the model 106 used and the monsters in SCP-087-B use).

In early version of the game there's a unused 173 model that appears in early versions of the game, if you use a model software to view it, you can probably tell why.

Textures

A 294 loading screen (which might be use in a later update).

A decal called "decalpd6.dc", again, this might be used in a later update.

In early version there's a 173 face (which goes to it's unused model).

There's also an bloodsplatter overlay that appears in early videos.

Maps

There's a conference room map in the early versions of the game. It's a simple map with a white board, a camera, some chairs, and some cabinets.
Pony
Red Ops Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by PsychoticSyrian on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Well, why not? There's a shitload of unused content in our game. Lemme start us off.
Area-51: Remake

I modeled an early version of the mite which had wings. The wings were later taken out because a flying mite is a bit OP.

I was originally going to have water pouring from the ceiling out of a pipe in The Hot Zone.

The Theta was going to make a cameo in Deep Underground if you looked down in the dark part of the way down the elevator. Was cut because... .mdls.............

The Black Ops Sniper was going to be removed completely and replaced with a new enemy - The Black Ops Assault Soldier, which is a reincarnation of the Heavy Grunt from the HL1 Alpha. I later decided to keep the Sniper and put him and the Assault Soldier in when their respected maps are created.

Anthony Ramirez was going to use his original pistol. That was replaced with a shotgun because of how weak pistols are in the Source Engine, even if modified.

The SMG was going to be acquired in the intro like it usually is until I learned how overpowered it could be for the player to get such a powerful weapon too early in the game.

My friend originally voice acted the Black Ops until he wanted them replaced because his voice sounded too 'human'.

The game was going to use the original's sounds/music, models/textures before it was cut for copyright. If you're lucky you can find those files hidden ;>

That's it.
PsychoticSyrian
Red Ops General

http://area51remake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top